Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ruthven couple found dead.

(Thanks to Kuoo in Spirit Lake)

A Ruthven couple has been found dead in their home.The victims are identified as 74-year-old Richard Cacek and his wife, 72-year-old Janet. An autopsy is being performed to determine the exact cause of deaths, but authorities say there was a high concentration of carbon monoxide in the residence.Palo Alto County Sheriff Dennis Goeders says deputies were called to do a welfare check at the Cacek's residence at 1303 Highland Street in Ruthven after getting a request from a concerned resident. A deputy gained entrance to the home and found the Cacek's deceased. Officials say it's a reminder of the danger carbon monoxide poses. The colorless, odorless gas is emitted by malfunctioning gas appliances, such as furnaces and water heaters. They say you should get your furnace and water heater checked if you haven't already done so this fall, and install a carbon monoxide detector.

No comments: